Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to the studio...

My band Zoyres is going back into the studio for our 3rd cd on August 18th. We've got at least 5 original compositions and 2 or 3 traditional tunes we're hoping to record. Our clarinetist is leaving for DC, so we're going to document the current lineup for digital distribution.

Interestingly, on this recording we won't have any odd time playing. It's all in four. The challenge this time around has two components: creating a good time feel and navigating intricate forms, and still working against the residual pain from my broken elbow. I'm not able yet to put in my usual "tech time" practice schedule of a couple weeks of serious time with the drums and the tunes. As always, I'll run the tunes in my head and play as well as I can.
Here's a pic of the lineup at a radio station gig we did this last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment